Fri, 26 Jan|
The HQ Cowork
Co-creation workshop with The Good Growth Co.
Chinese and Southeast Asian consumer's preferences for plant-based products and perceptions on farmed animal welfare
Time & Location
26 Jan 2024, 19:00 – 20:45
The HQ Cowork, 2a, Cheung Hing Industrial Building, 12P Smithfield, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong
About the Event
At this event, Good Growth will share their latest research findings on Chinese and Southeast Asian consumer's preferences for plant-based products and perceptions on farmed animal welfare. They will also discuss how using a mix of qualitative and quantitative research methods can help better inform strategic decisions for your organisation, and how they are moving from research insights to action.
Our agenda is structured to maximize both learning and interaction:
- Arrival (10 minutes): Settle in and socialise with fellow attendees. Snacks will be provided.
- Welcome and Introduction (5 minutes): A brief introduction to set the stage for the evening's objectives and outcomes.
- Speaker Presentation (20 minutes): Ella and Jah Ying will share their expertise in research, highlighting insights for practitioners, researchers and donors to navigate the animal welfare and plant-based protein space.
- Interactive Q&A and Discussion (10 minutes): Engage with Ella and Jah Ying, pose your questions, and participate in a lively discussion on the nuances of animal welfare, plant-based protein and research methodologies.
- Co-creation(25 minutes): Now it’s your turn to participate in taking insights to action, we will go through guided activities to take what you’ve learned during the session and from your own experience to come up with new ideas for promoting plant-based diets in Hong Kong and beyond.
- Networking and Mingling (30 minutes): The event will transition into a networking session, providing a platform for attendees to connect with like-minded individuals, share ideas, and build a community of animal welfare advocates. Light vegetarian and vegan food will be provided.
Whether you're deeply involved in plant-based protein and/or animal welfare issues or newly exploring ways to make a difference, we invite you to join us for an evening of insight, inspiration, and community.
Research outputs that will be discussed:
- Understanding the plant-based market in China: Consumption trend and customer personas
- The State of APAC’s Alt Protein Industry in 10 Charts
- Chinese Consumers’ Attitudes Toward Animal Welfare: Behaviors, Beliefs, And Responses To Messaging
Material: We will provide post-its and paper for the co-creation session. Feel free to bring a laptop with you (optional).
About Good Growth
Good Growth works with alternative protein companies, animal welfare nonprofits, and social impact funders to understand consumers, scope new markets and prototype products & programmes.